REVIEW



Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum



Hello my lovelies. Recently I went out on a little shopping spree with my lovely mum. I picked up this well known Bourjois Foundation. I have heard many good things about it from friends and bloggers. It is suppose to be light/medium coverage foundation with a gel formula. The description quotes "Vitamin-rich fruit therapy>instant anti-fatigue" "16hrs radiance-boosting even revived complexion" "Instant blending gel, flawless complexion, undetectable coverage. Vitamin-rich fruits: lychee, goji berries,poegranate. Hypoallergenic."  It also claims to leave a semi-matte finish.



























This product retails at £10.99 in Boots which is slightly more expensive than the usual drugstore foundation. There is quite a wide range of shades to chose from. I got mine in the shade 52 vanilla which is probably the second or third lightest and it matches my skin pretty well. In the slim glass bottle you get a decent 30ml of product. For the price I suppose you should get more but with this product I feel it last for a very long time. This is in fact my second bottle so this isn't really a first impressions but I decided to wait a while as the first few weeks with my previous one didn't go so well. It didn't really wow me but after weeks of being deep down in my draws I re-discovered it and appreciated it alot more. I noticed the smell and texture and how it looked on my skin. It just shows that sometimes a product takes a little bit of getting used to. 





Application

It feels very smooth on my face and I got a lot of time for blending. It doesn't dry out my skin despite the semi-matte finish which is great as my skin tends to get very dry especially around my mouth. Application is very refreshing, it really does give my skin a radiance boost 

I hate foundations with a painty smell, this one smells great, very refreshing and calming, I find putting it on very soothing, strange I know.






- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Lasting Time

The foundation alone does not last 16hrs. Of course I have not worn it for that long before however I notice it slipping of about 5/6hrs after application when powdered. I do not use primer so you could probably squeeze a bit more wearing time out of it with a dab of primer.

Product
No product 


As you can tell from the picture on the my skin is quite clear anyway but this foundation evens out my skin tone and gives me a healthy glow

Overall I really love this foundation, as I have no problems with my skin the coverage is great and evens out my skin tone perfectly. For price I would give it a 7/10, it is totally worth the price as it lasts a long time, even with my mum pinching it a few times. For wearing time it's a 7/10 for me, powdered it is one of the best foundations I have used. My skin doesn't hold foundations for long anyway so this really is quite good. For packaging I would give is a 8/10, it is nicely packaged in a slim bottle which fits in all my makeup bags. Its sophisticated and simple. This is a great product and I definitely would recommend it.

xox 

Comments