Prom Dress Tips

Hello my lovelies, 


It's April already, my exams start in a month *sob* and prom time is coming up pretty damn fast! My prom isn't until next year *another sob*, but I have started eyeing up dresses a long time ago. I have already seen some instagram pictures of prom nails and dresses and it's getting me excited to see who's wearing what this year. 

Even though I won't be buying any dresses this year I thought it would be a great idea to share some looks I came up with.

So here are 3 different looks and tips I prepared!

1. Petite

 If you're petite its better not to wear long dresses, especially ones that cover your feet, it will make your legs appear really short. Go ahead and chose a cute short dress and show of those gorgeous tootsies, but if you're 100% set on a long dress make it a solid colour, no patterns or poofy dresses. A straight dress gives the illusion of length where as poofy dresses width, you don't want to be wider than longer!





If you're pale you're more limited with colours, try not to go with white and cream as they can wash you out, also don't chose too dark, blacks with make your paleness stand out, some think that's a good look to go for but it can make you look slightly gothy.




2. Tall&Slim

Being tall and slim it can be difficult to find the right dress. I am very skinny, but not the flattering skinny, I have 0 curves and sometimes it's daunting taking pictures with my friends blessed with boobs and bums.

The best dress for tall skinny girls would be a long dress, but if you have stunning legs go ahead and show them of and wear a midi dress. I have seen many girls rock them and I'm sure anyone with gorgeous legs can certainly pull them off.

Everyone says that poofy dresses suit skinny girls the most, but with my past experiences dress shopping, they look heavy and make my pointy shoulders look ridiculous. In my opinion one of my favourite prom dresses is a long sleeved hollywood style and luckily it doesn't look bad on my body shape either.




I know this dress may look too grown up for some and black makes you look slimmer, but it also enhances your curves and looks very sophisticated with some red lippy and heals.


2. Curvy


If you have curves its important to enhance them in all the right places, avoid really puffy dresses but also figure hugging ones. 

This dress is a gorgeous royal blue colour that looks great with dark hair it shows all the right places and would look great with some black stilettos





I hope you all enjoyed this blog post, I know everyone has different taste so feel free to mess around with colours and shapes until you find the dress that flatters you the most.




Check our axparis.com for more dresses and shoes.








Comments

  1. Hello hun:)
    Love this post very much,and your blog looks very cute!
    Maybe we could follow each other? Let me know on my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment